This hearty, spicy vegetarian chili will warm you up and keep you full.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, & chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, & chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers-seeded & diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼–1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1.5 tsp basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 28 oz vegetable broth
- 30 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garnish: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped scallions
- Add all ingredients into the slow cooker, except black beans and lime juice.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- minutes before eating, add the black beans and stir well.
- Right before serving, stir in the lime juice.
- Garnish and serve warm.