This is an easy and delicious summer barley salad that is full of nutrition pulled together with a citrusy zing!
- 1/2 c barley
- 1.5 c vegetable broth
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2–3 roma tomatoes
- 1 c corn kernels (grilled is best but even canned will work)
- 1/4 c sliced scallions
- 1/4 c minced fresh basil
- 1 large lime, juiced (a little over 2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine barley and broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and set timer for 35 minutes.
- While barley cooks, dice the pepper, tomatoes, scallions, and basil.
- Once barley is finished cooking, allow it to cool.
- Combine barley and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and serve immediately or cover and serve chilled.