These stuffed shells taste so fresh. They are a perfect comfort food dish that makes 3 pans full of shells, perfect for freezing or sharing.
- 2 (12 oz) Boxes of Jumbo Shell Pasta
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 tsp Freshly Minced Garlic
- 12 c Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped (about 10 ounces)
- 36 oz Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 3 c Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1.5 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Pepper
- 8 c Marinara Sauce
- Cook shells according to package directions; rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Coat three 9-by-13-inch baking dishes with cooking spray then spread 2-2.5 cups of marinara along the bottom of each baking dish.
- Combine spinach, cheeses, egg, basil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Stuff each shell with 1 heaping spoon of filling and arrange stuffed shells in baking dish. Spoon any remaining sauce around shells where needed.
- If freezing: Cover tightly with plastic wrap, then tinfoil. Clearly label and keep in freezer for up to 3 months. Pull out of freezer and allow to defrost in the fridge over night, then follow regular baking directions (below).
- If cooking immediately: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake covered with tinfoil for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.