These pumpkin cinnamon rolls make the perfect fall weekend breakfast. Guaranteed to warm you from the inside out and impress any guests you may have up for the holidays.
- For the dough
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/4 cup all purpose flour (King Arthur recommended)
- 1/4 cup milk (warmed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- For the filling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- (optional) raisins
- For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk (I used vanilla almond)
- Combine warm milk and yeast and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt in large mixing bowl. pour in the milk and yeast combination. Using the beater attachment, mix on low until thoroughly combined.
- Switch to dough hook attachment and mix of medium to low, adding 1/2 cup of flour at a time until fully incorporated.
- *The above steps can also be done by hand using plenty of elbow grease.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm spot for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out into a 12 x 15 inch rectangle on a clean surface that is coated with flour until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle filling over the dough and spread out evenly.
- Roll the dough into a spiral loaf and slice into 12 even slices.
- Place uncooked rolls in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- As the rolls cool for 5-10 minutes, mix up the glaze by melting together the butter and milk, then whisking it with the confectioner’s sugar.
- Drizzle the cinnamon rolls with the glaze and serve warm.
Total time for recipe is 2 hour and 30 minutes when adding in the time for the dough to rise.