This simple brisket recipe is quick to throw together and makes for a hearty cold weather meal that will fill you up and make your taste buds dance.
- 2 1/2 lbs beef brisket
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Thinly slice the onion and place in the bottom on the slow cooker.
- Place the brisket on the onion.
- Prepare the sauce my mixing the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a separate bowl, then pour over the beef.
- Set slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours until brisket falls apart.
- Serve with thick buttered toast, slaw and a pickle.