This savory, flavor-packed marinade will have the whole family running to the table. Its simple ingredient list makes it a great option to jazz up chicken for weeknight dinners and will please even the pickiest palates.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 4 medium chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1 lb Rotini (or pasta of choice)
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley and ketchup until thoroughly combined.
- Pound chicken breasts until even, about an inch thick.
- Place chicken in marinade, making sure it is thoroughly covered, and place in fridge for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to make the meal, preheat the oven to 350 degress. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade, and place the chicken in a lightly greased baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked though.
- Meanwhile pour reserved marinade into a small pot on the stove and bring to a boil.Boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low while cooking the pasta according to the directions.
- Rinse and drain pasta, place chicken on top and spoon sauce over the chicken and noodles. Serve immediately.