Make a batch of these simple healthy breakfast sandwiches on Sunday and enjoy a hearty, warm breakfast all week long!
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices of cheese
- 6 sausage patties of choice, fully cooked
- 6 eggs
- Cook the eggs, making sure the yolks aren’t runny.
- Lightly toast each muffin, if desired (let cool completely).
- Set up assembly line. From the bottom up, stack the muffin bottom, sausage, egg and cheese.
- Allow cheese to melt slightly.
- Place muffin top on the cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap.
- Put wrapped sandwiches into a labeled freezer bag.
- To reheat, simply remove from plastic and loosely wrap in a paper towel. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until heated through.