With the help of a bread machine, homemade hamburger buns are really easy to make! A good bun makes all the difference in taking a burger from fair to outstanding, so pull out a few simple ingredients and wow your family with this bread machine hamburger bun recipe!
- 1 1/4 c milk (I used 2%)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 c bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In the bread machine, place the following ingredients in order: milk, beaten egg, bread flour, sugar, and salt.
- Make a small indentation in the middle of the ingredients and pour the yeast into the hole.
- Push bread machine to dough setting and hit start.
- Once the cycle is complete (1 hour and 50 minutes on my machine), place dough onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick (1/2 inch will create slightly thinner buns while 1 inch will create large, fluffy buns).
- Using the open mouth of a mason jar or a 3.5″ round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles and put them on two baking sheets.
- Place the baking sheets in a warm place and allow to ride until they double in size (about one hour).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each bun with the egg white wash and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until baked through and slightly golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
If you prefer a more brown top, broil the buns at the very end for about 30 seconds. Keep a close eye on them to ensure they don’t burn.