The vegetarian equivalent to salsa chicken, these flavorful lentil are easy to throw together and versatile enough to use in tacos, burritos, grain bowls, or in a dip!
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dried brown lentils
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 48 oz vegetable broth
- romaine lettuce shreds
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed. Mix well.
- Set slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours (or high for 4). Stir once halfway through the time if you are nearby (but not necessary).
- Serve in tacos, burritos, brown rice bowls, or just by themselves! Top with favorite Mexican toppings. I prefer guacamole, lettuce shreds, and jalapenos.