Fresh, homemade salsa that comes together in less than 10 minutes!
- 10 fresh Roma tomatoes
- 2/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed, diced
- Rinse and dry the tomatoes. Slice the ends off and cut in half.
- Squeeze the tomato in your hands to remove juice and seeds.
- Put tomatoes in a large food processor.
- Pulse 4-6 times until the tomatoes reach a thick and chunky consistency.
- Put all remaining ingredients in to the food processor with the tomatoes.
- Pulse 3-5 times until well combined, but still chunky.
- Eat right away or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You may want to add another jalapeno if you like your salsa spicier!
Keywords: garden fresh salsa, salsa recipe