This savory and filling breakfast can be prepped up to four days in advance so it comes together in 5 minutes on a busy weekday morning.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 large green onions
- 1 bunch of kale
- 5 eggs (or as many as desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into small cubes. Wash and cut kale into bite sized pieces. Wash and chop green onions
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and saute sweet potatoes over medium heat until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. At this point you can store all the ingredients in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
- When ready to make the hash, add desired amount of sweet potatoes to an oiled pan with a handful of green onions.
- Saute over medium heat until the onions are soft and the potatoes are reheated.
- In a separate pan, fry the number of eggs you desire. (Alternative: you may also add the egg directly into the sweet potato mixture with the kale if you prefer a scramble).
- Add a handful of kale to the sweet potato mixture and saute until wilted, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the fried egg over the sweet potato hash.