This creamy risotto is bursting with the fresh summer flavors of roasted sweet corn, roasted vine-ripe tomatoes, and basil pesto. The scoop of burrata cheese completes the dish, perfect for a vegetarian entree, or add a piece of broiled salmon if you crave a little more protein.
- 4 tsp Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cup Arborio Rice
- 4 fl oz. Dry White Wine
- 4 c Vegetable Broth
- 3 c Water
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- 3 oz. Burrata Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot or deep pan, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add Arborio rice to hot pan and toast, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes until rice begins to appear pearly. Add white wine to rice and stir until completely evaporated.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth to the rice. Rice should be covered by broth. Stir often, until nearly all the broth has been absorbed. Repeat with 1 cup of broth, 1 cup of water until all the liquid is absorbed. This will take about 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Taste the rice as you go. When it is tender and has no more crunch to it, it’s done. You may not use all the liquid, or you might need a splash more of water.
- While the risotto cooks, shuck the corn and cut it off the cob. Cut the tomatoes in half.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the corn on one half and the cut tomatoes on the other. Cut the 1 Tbsp of butter into 6 small pieces and drop them evenly over the corn. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 3 minutes, remove from oven to stir corn and flip tomatoes, then broil another 3 minutes until corn is slightly charred and tomatoes are soft.
- Place tomatoes on a cutting board to cool. Once cool, roughly chop and place in a small bowl. Combine tomatoes with remaining 1 tsp of olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and a sprinkle of pepper.
- When rice is tender, turn off heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and corn. The risotto should be creamy. If it’s not, add a quarter cup of water to loosen it up.
- Serve risotto garnished with pesto, roasted tomato sauce, and a scoop of burrata cheese.