Impress your guests without the stress with this perfectly cooked and simply seasoned rack of lamb. With the help of FoodSaver® technology and the sous vide style of cooking, you can create consistent and delicious results for all your holiday dinner guests.
- 1 (8-bone) rack of lamb
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary (plus more for garnish)
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat a sous vide water bath to desired temperature (based on chart above for how well done you want your lamb to be). Season lamb on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the rack inside a FoodSaver® Vacuum Seal Bag. Top with 3 sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Vacuum and seal the bag. Place bag in the water bath and set a timer for two hours.
- After two hours, remove lamb from the bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy cast iron or stainless steel skillet over high heat. Once hot (it will be smoking), place the lamb, meaty side down, in the skillet. Use caution, as the oil will be very hot. Add the butter and remaining rosemary and thyme. Baste the lamb with the melted butter and herbs on both sides until browned, 1-2 minutes.
- Move lamb to a cutting board and holding it upright and using a sharp knife, slice between each bone. Serve immediately
Keywords: Dinner, Dinner Ideas, Meat, Recipes, Sponsored