This fresh and brightly-flavored Greek salad makes an excellent spring time side dish or a simple main course with the addition of grilled shrimp or chicken.
- For the Salad
- 8 oz pasta of choice (I used bowtie), cooked and cooled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp on olive oil and toss to coat to prevent pasta from sticking.
- While pasta cooks, wash and prep salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Serve room temperature or chilled.