These bite-size corn dog bites are perfect for kids or to serve as a snack during football season, or anytime!
- 2 1/2 cups cornbread mix (Bob’s Red Mill recommended)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 hot dogs (Applegate Farms recommended), cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix cornbread mix, water, oil, cheese and egg together until well combined.
- Grease a mini-muffin pan.
- Spoon cornbread mixture into each cup, filling each cup about half way.
- Place a piece of hot dog in the center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!