This One Pot Greek Chicken with Lemon Rice is a flavor-packed Mediterranean meal that cooks up easily and will delight the taste buds of all family members. Plus, only ONE POT to clean!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced (roughly 1 c)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 1/4 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop all ingredients.
- In a large pot (I suggest adutch oven), heat the 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium high. Add the onion and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- Into the same pot, add rice, broth, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and kalamata olives. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and add chicken to pot. Cover and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is fluffy.
- Plate and garnish with finely chopped parsley and any remaining lemon zest.