This simple spaghetti and meat sauce is bursting with flavor and will satisfy the most robust appetite. It is easy to make ahead and goes well on spaghetti squash or zoodles for a low carb/paleo option, but also is perfect on top of classic spaghetti noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, cook meat until browned. Drain if desired.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in tomato sauce, paste, salt, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce and stir until well combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer on the lowest setting for 1- 1 1/2 hours. Serve over spaghetti.
- *Freezes and stores very well
Serve over spaghetti squash or noodles of choice. For the look in the photos, mix half the sauce with the cooked pasta to coat each noodle, then serve a spoonful of the meat sauce on top.