The tart zest of freshly squeezed lime juice brings together and brightens this hearty summer vegetable and couscous salad, making it the perfect side dish for grilling or a great option to double and bring to a backyard BBQ.
- 1 c (dry) Israeli couscous
- 1/2 c finely diced green pepper (roughly 1 small pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (roughly 3 Roma tomatoes)
- 1/2 c summer corn (roughly 1 cooked cob)
- 1/4 c thinly sliced green onions (roughly 2 green onions)
- 1/4 c thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Cook couscous according to the package directions. When done, transfer into a large mixing bowl to cool.
- While couscous cooks, prep green pepper, tomato, corn and green onions. Add to couscous as it is cooling and mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together basil, lime juice, olive oil, salt and honey until well combined. Pour over couscous and mix until incorporated.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.