This zesty dip is always the first item devoured at parties!
- 1/2 c finely chopped red onion
- 8 Roma tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- pita chips (for serving)
- In a large bowl, gently mix together red onion, tomatoes and avocado. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic, oregano, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the onion and tomato mixture, stir gently to coat.
- Sprinkle in feta and a pinch of salt, then mix gently once more.
- Put the avocado pits back into the mixture to help keep from turning brown. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve with pita chips.
Depending on the time of year that you’re making this salsa, you may need fewer tomatoes — you can start with 6 and add the others to adjust for taste, tomato size and your own preferences.
If you like a little more acidity, especially since the cheese and avocado make this such a rich dish, add another splash of vinegar.