These authentic Greek style lamb meatballs are versatile and flavorful. They can be tossed into Greek salads, served on top of pasta salads, stuffed into pita pockets, or served with toothpicks and Tzatziki for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until well-combined, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Form into round meatballs, roughly 1.5 inches wide. This will make 10-12 meatballs.
- Place onto a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through on the inside.
- Serve on pita bread with cucumbers slices, tomato and tzatziki.