1. Hailey is in love with her ‘BAY-BE’ right now, which was actually my doll growing up. (I’m learning to share). Yesterday she put the doll in the highchair and tried to feed her avocado when I wasn’t watching. Needless to say, baby needed a bath (or a spin in the washer). It took ninja-like skills to hide her from Hailey come bedtime, but I did it. I also accidentally ripped the diaper as I took it off so I plan on going out today and buying a couple of newborn diaper. Yes, for the doll. After all, a diaper should be changed every 27 years or so whether it needs it or not, right?
2. I’m happy to report that after our wild night out on Tuesday, that my dinners have been back on track- healthy and delicious.
Sautéed peppers and onions with garlic and cumin, topped with grilled chicken, avocado, salsa, jalapenos and fresh cilantro
Gina’s Lemony Tomato Herb Scallops (which has become one of our FAVORITES around here) and roasted asparagus
3. However, it is taking more focus than originally thought to cut down on the BLT’s. Last night I licked Hailey’s bean and rice bowl clean after she only ate half. …You mean I don’t have to put every leftover morsel of food into my mouth?
4. Yesterday I visited Starbucks and was actually dressed like a real human being instead of a I-only-wear-yoga-pants-and-hair-buns mom. I ordered tea and then got a giant kick when I realized that the guy behind the counter was actually flirting with me. Shamelessly, I let him. For a minute I felt like I had my pre-mom swag back! Then I went to grab a wipe to clean off my table and diapers, pouches, books and the whole toddler gamut fell out of my bag. Swag-be-gone.
5. I don’t spend all that much time on Pinterest. Mostly because it makes me hungry. Proof-
It also makes me want to ask David if he can build us this porch.
What? Too much to ask?
6. I posted the homemade fruit rollups recipe! If you want to watch me fight the my blender on TV, you can watch the clip here. Reader Beth brought up a great point about not loving the idea of using plastic wrap. I can tell you from experience that the oven isn’t hot enough to melt the wrap, but I can understand if you still aren’t wild about the idea. I would think cutting parchment paper to fit the baking sheet would work or using a silpat, if you have one.
7. I finally learned how to use a GIF. Only took me about a year. WHOOP!
Have a great weekend!