It’s funny. Logically I know my due date is Friday, but I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be doing in the meantime. I’m soaking up time with Hailey, but we still have our day to day activities going on, too, so what does that really mean? I should be watching her sleep?
Don’t have to tell me twice.
Oh, to be two!
So though I do have a Munchkin Meals post planned for Thursday (sorry I totally forgot last week- I hope you will link up this week!), I’m sort of just rolling with the rest of it all in anticipation of getting to post SHE’S HERE!!! sometime sooner than later.
So today, let’s just chat about some things I’m loving lately…
1. The chiropractor. I won’t lie, I’m a little wary of chiropractors in general. I had a bad experience with one a few years ago, but I know it doesn’t represent them all. After my doctor’s appointment yesterday I visited a chiropractor a friend recommended to me to chat with him about helping baby girl turn a little more anterior. I’m not sure if what he did helped, but after 10 minutes or so of different gentle stretches and pressure points, my back really did feel more relaxed. Apparently he helped loosen up some ligaments that will allow her to get a little cozier in the right direction. I’m game!
2. The grill. We hit 90 degrees here in Charlotte yesterday. I’m not quite ready for those temperatures yet, but looking at the 10 day forecast, we are holding steady in the 80’s from here on out. Here comes summer! Along with the heat comes tons of fresh vegetables and I find myself wanting to grill them all. A little oil, salt, pepper and garlic salt is all you need to turn any plain veggie into a delicious dinner.
3. The internet. What isn’t it good for? Yesterday I was halfway through making these pecan pie bars for a neighbor who had surgery and needed a substitute for corn syrup. I read I could sub honey 1:1 – brilliant! Thank you internets. These are delicious by the way… you know, if you’re in the mood for copious amounts of butter and sugar.
4. Get Clean Nature Bright. This natural laundry boost and stain remover is a miracle worker. It’s been hanging out in my laundry room for a while without use, but I finally put it to the test this past weekend after David squirted blueberry juice from his blueberry pancake alllll over the sleeve of his shirt. I just knew it was going to turn into my newest rag, but I decided to give the boost a try and IT WAS GONE. This was hours after the stain had set and everything. Color me impressed.
5. The idea of running. I’ve been perusing the 2015 dates for Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathons. I remind you that the furthest I’ve ever run is a 10k (once!) and that running is seriously difficult for me. So why do I keep finding myself on their website? Perhaps my lack of a physical challenge is giving me hallucinations of grandeur? Someone tell me that labor and delivery is around the corner and perhaps I should be focusing on that instead?
7. My kindle. I swear I used to read, but you wouldn’t guess it by the sad lack of books in my life lately. Though we don’t usually do gifts, David surprised my with a kindle on our anniversary. His logic was that soon I’d be nursing a lot and it would be easy to hold and navigate with one hand, plus you can download toddler-friendly games and apps if I needed help with Hailey. What a sweetheart!
Also, did you know you can link it to your local library and check books out for free? I’m already well into Salt, Sugar, Fat and am feeling excited about reading again! However, I need some suggestions…
What are the best books you’ve read lately?