Hailey is 1/3 a year old! Wait? Does anyone say that? I guess I could say 4 months, but 1/3 a year sounds much more fitting.
Hailey and I have become pretty tight over the last 4 months since she came into this world and every day I find myself enjoying her more and more. We laugh a lot.
Why yes, I am wearing a fuzzy pink robe. Thanks for noticing my hot mom gear.
I feel like Hailey has started learning new things every day. Some of her latest tricks include:
- grabbing and playing with her feet
- babbling and singing to herself. It sounds like she has her own language
- holding onto my shoulder when I hold her upright. It feels like a hug.
- She giggles and laughs, especially when Hubbs tickles her under the chin or I kiss the bottom of her feet.
- Her head control is pretty good and she enjoys sitting in the bumbo.
- She is so close to being able to really use her exersaucer…
- but isn’t quite there yet.
- She blows bubbles, sucks on her bottom lip and seems fascinated with her mouth.
- She can roll over…. sporadically.
We had her doctor’s appointment Tuesday and she weighs 14 lbs 13.5 ounces (75th percentile), is 25 1/4 inches long (75th-90th percentile) and her head is 16.5 inches (75th percentile).
She wears size 2 diapers and can’t fit into 3 month clothing anymore. She’s eating 5-6 times a day, though the 6th feeding is usually just to top her off before bed. We start the bedtime routine around 7:00pm and after bath, feeding and being wrapped up like a burrito (yes, we still swaddle), she’s down by 7:30ish. She sleeps until 6:00am when I feed her and put her right back down and she’ll snooze until 7:30ish and then is up for the day!
She is going to the gym with me at least 4 days a week and it’s going well! I still try to go at off-peak hours when I can.
It may sound cheesy as can be, but I really love this little girl more than I could ever describe. I must tell her ‘Mama loves you sooooooo much’ and ‘you are sooooooooo special’ at least twenty times a day. So what if it makes her grow up with superiority issues
And last, but not least… how bad do you want to squeeze those adorable, chunky thighs?!
Any questions that I didn’t cover?