This easy zucchini bread recipe comes together quickly and tastes incredible. You’ll never need to attempt a more complex version again!
Yesterday I was in a funk. No real reason, I just couldn’t really get in a groove for the day. Once we got the girls to bed, I poured a (second) glass of wine and sat out on the porch with David for a solid hour of just talking. I was once again reminded that I married well. David and I are a really great match. He is logical where as I am overly emotional. I always joke that he steadies me out and I make him more human. Ha.
Relaxing and talking helped the day fade, but I still decided my mental health was asking for a morning off, so I didn’t set my alarm today and instead slept into a glorious 6:45. I brewed my half caff and sat out on the porch with Koda. It was such a welcome change of pace, as was both girls sleeping until 7:30!
I didn’t think things could get any better, but then Hailey spent the morning playing at her BFF’s house, so I just had Kaitlyn to play with and I managed a bootcamp workout too. I’m feeling a million times better now!
But… wait, what was this about? Oh yeah, zucchini bread!
In attempt to break out of my funk, I skipped out on making zoodles (despite my love for my spiralizer) and instead used my last zucchini for this easy, slightly healthier version of this recipe for zucchini bread.
As I enjoyed a second piece, I considered maybe I should share it, after all it is such an easy recipe.
Then after Hailey had eaten two piece and Kaitlyn had downed one herself, I came back to into the kitchen to find that the girls obviously could not get enough and had resorted to grabbing it by the handful.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Grease and flour a 8 x 4 inch bread pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.