These no-bake brownies will satisfy the sweetest of cravings with their nutty texture and dark chocolate flavor. Raw, vegan and perfect for a healthier mid-day pick-me-up. Great for kids too!
For someone that swears she doesn’t have a sweet tooth, I sure have thought a lot about chocolate lately, haven’t I? First, the muffins. Then snagging the Reese’s out of the girls’ Halloween bags. Oops, did I not mention that? And now, these brownies.
I blame it on the cool, rainy weather. There is something just inherently more cozy about using chocolate in the kitchen on a gloomy day. I do have a lot of gorgeous green meals I want to share, but until I can catch David at home to help me with photos, you’re left with me, dark chocolate and my best effort at using his super fancy camera.
But back to these brownies. Let me explain. They’re glorified larabars that TASTE LIKE BROWNIES. I promise I’m not the only one that thinks so.
The girls couldn’t keep their hands out of the ingredients and were at it again once the final product was ready.
Truly, they couldn’t wait long enough for me to snaps the pictures before going for it.
And I can’t blame them, as I snagged one or two myself yesterday as well.
So if you are looking for a way to apologize to the kids for throwing their candy away while they were sleeping (no, mom, I didn’t really do that ;)) or looking for a healthier sweet treat to pack in their lunch boxes, whip up a batch of these dark chocolate and date no-bake brownies!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1.5 cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- Place dates, cashews, cocoa powder, almonds and salt in the food processor.
- Pulse several times until coarsely chopped.
- Continue to pulse while slowly pouring in extract and water until well combined into a thick dough.
- Press firmly into a 9x9 square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before cutting and serving. Store in fridge.