Life Snapshots

I forgot to snap pictures of all my food, so instead of a true WIAW, consider this just a peek into my life…

life snapshots- H AM

For example… this is how I do Hailey’s hair in the morning. She sits on the table (it’s too difficult for me to stay bent over for long at almost 28 weeks pregnant) and scrolls through videos and photos on my phone. Her favorite video to watch is the one of her chasing her daddy in the rain last summer.

life snapshots- southern snow prep

I went for tissues and coffee, but couldn’t help but to sneak a peek at the bread aisle. I find it a better predictor of inclement weather than any forecaster. Looks like we are in for some real snow!

life snapshots- glucola

Oh yeah, baby. I took my glucose test yesterday morning. They say no news is good news. Honestly, I feel like I failed. I could feel the sugar pulsing through my veins when they took my blood. I guess time will tell!

life snapshots- sugar crash

About an hour after having blood drawn, I felt the sugar crash. I had eaten a handful of almonds as a precaution, but it still hit me hard. Suddenly I was shaking like a leaf and knew I had to get my blood sugar back up. Luckily cookies did the trick.

life snapshots- lunch with nana

My mom arrived in time to pick Hailey up from school. We should have taped her reaction when she saw Nana through the window. Her eyes flung open wide, a loud screech bellowed out from behind a huge grin and she pointed and screamed My NANA! It’s safe to say we might have disrupted class. Oops.

life snapshots- hot an sour soup

Is there anything better than hot and sour soup on a frigid day? No, there is not.

life snapshots- nike fuel band

New toy! I won a Nike Fuelband from Laughing Cow Cheese (THANK YOU!) and it arrived yesterday. So far it appears to be a glorified pedometer, but I am having a lot of fun playing with it. I’m excited to see my results after a full day of wearing it.

life snapshots- chipotle chicken chili

Chipotle Chicken Chili (with a few modifications) for dinner in anticipation of our snow day. However, we have yet to see a flurry. Word on the street is that it will be here this afternoon. You can bet I’ll inform facebook, twitter and instagram of any white stuff falling from the sky because, you know, no one has ever seen that before.

PS- If I would have read my own meal plan, I would have seen that the chili was supposed to be served on baked potatoes. Oops.

life snapshots- cozy night

David had a cozy fire going while we ate chili and watched the Olympics. I hope we didn’t use up all our wood. Snow’s a’comin’!

life snapshots- snow car kit

…which is why I put together this emergency car kit for David. It was a last minute thought when I knew he had to be on the road today and that the snow is supposed to hit hard this afternoon. We didn’t have bottled water, but we had tonic. I figure that will do. And yes, that is a mini vodka. If you give a mouse some tonic water…

I also threw in a warm hat and heavy duty gloves, but can I just pray that he’s back home before the weather gets bad?

What’s the weather like where you are?

Is anyone else impressed that a groundhog is so darn great at predicting weather??

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter2Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

What did the groundhog say? I missed it! I love this peak into your life! Looks hectic, but fun!

We are meant to get hit with the storm tomorrow, hoping it is not that bad….spent 2 hours shoveling the track for the athletes on Monday, and dreading doing it again after this one on Friday :( I will then have a workout of my own that afternoon!

Crazy about the bread aisle!
    Tina Muir recently posted..Salmon Burgers with Miso DressingMy Profile

We’ve basically been getting hit with three storms per week since January … normally I love the snow, but I am so over it this year. Mother Nature must not agree, since the system you’re getting today is dumping another ten inches of snow on us tomorrow. How soon ’til spring?! ;)
    Shari recently posted..Kristin’s Concert!My Profile

That is a great idea for doing hair — I’m breaking out the phone/pictures next time :) Good idea on the car kit too — we need to do that. We’ve had sub zero temps for the last week or so and now there is some snow going on outside. How many days til spring??? ; )
    Amanda @ All Day Active recently posted..From Work Out to StreetMy Profile

Hailey is just the cutest!! That chili looks so good and I think it’s a must make for me. The weather in Chicago has been cold and super snowy. Pretty excited because we are suppose to reach the mid-high 30′s next week…YAY!! Sad that we get excited for 30 degree temperatures.
    Karen recently posted..WIAWMy Profile

I bought myself a Fitbit for Christmas and every time someone asks me what it is, I tell them it’s a glorified pedometer (albeit, a pretty awesome one). Enjoy the snow! :)

Bahaha!! I love the mini vodka!! Excellent thing to put in a car emergency kit! ;) I always feel like death after my glucose test! It seriously takes me a few days to recover and I’ve passed every time. Good luck!
    Verna recently posted..PlayingMy Profile

7. Kris says

Hate to say, but I think today is supposed to be 78 and sunny. But, raised in MN, lived in VA and Germany, so have experienced lots of cold, snowy winters. Watching the weather since MIL lives in Davidson. Stay safe and warm!

8. Regina says

This is a rare time I’m grateful to be on bed rest this pregnancy and thus have my husband home on FMLA (he used to work at a hospital). We thankfully live right outside of DC where they’re great with snow plows and salting roads but at 30 weeks pregnant with an almost 18 month old (excuse me while I hyperventilate trying to wrap my head around having to call my son one and a half!), I’m grateful he’s not on the roads. Thinking about you guys and hoping David beats the storm! We’re expected 8-12 inches here (or 3-5 or any number between 2 and 12 really depending on which news you’re following ;) ) I’ll believe it when I see it though I’m kinda hoping for one last big storm (with electricity in tact please)

It’s cold. So cold, but at least the sun keeps coming out. It doesn’t look like we’re getting any more snow, but the old stuff has yet to melt! Enjoy your glorified pedometer! I have a Fitbit and it’s a fun little tool. I am known to run in place for a few minutes before bed when I haven’t quite reached my goal for the day.
    Heather @ What Does She Do All Day? recently posted..Kids’ Reads: Margo’s Magnificent Choice/Tacky Box GIVEAWAY!My Profile

10. Christina says

Snow makes me feel like a little kid all over again – fingers crossed for a “snow day” from work tomorrow! And I love the “emergency kit” for David – especially the vodka and the scented candle, hahaha!

We just got hit with a snow storm here in Portland and while it’s not what I would call a snow storm as a native Vermonter it was pretty bad because like the south we don’t have plows, etc. We spent Thursday through Monday at home only venturing out to play in the snow, walk to dinner and pick up some grocery essentials. Good luck with all the snow! Stay warm and safe!
    Lindsay recently posted..Portland Snow DaysMy Profile

12. Paige M says

I saw you mention compression socks in an earlier post and now I cannot find it, do you have a brand you recommend?

Enjoy the Fuelband! I have looked at getting a pedometer bracelet in the past, but my Fitibit is still working great, so why change or purchase something when I have one that works already? A free one is even better!
    Josh recently posted..Ozeri 4X3Motion ReviewMy Profile