1. I am actually writing this Thursday night which feels beyond bizarre to me. I am a morning person (my teenage self is giving me the stink eye and saying seriously? right now), so usually I’m clear-headed and ready to write, but now I’m dragging and really wanting to just watch Gossip Girl. Strictly for research purposes for our upcoming New York trip, obviously!
2. I’m on WCCB New Rising this morning making almond butter! It takes some patience, but it’s really easy and a great alternative if your child’s school is a peanut-free zone or if you are just looking to switch things up.
3. I know college football started last night, but can we all agree that it really begins when you hear the first ‘Gooooo Dawgs! Sic ‘em! Woof Woof Woof Woof Woof!’? And in honor of #TBT (since it’s technically still Thursday as I write this…) Go dawgs! circa 2006!
4. You know how I mentioned giving up all flours while I work on balancing my blood sugars? Well, the first couple weeks were
hell tough. But now… I don’t really miss it much. Don’t get me wrong, I plan on introducing REAL pizza back into my life at some point soon, but just found it interesting that the craving subsided.
5. Munchkin Meals link up Thursday! Can you believe it’s almost September? I’ve been snapping pictures and I hope you have, too! I’d love for you to link up and share a favorite meal or recipe your kiddos are loving!
6. I ran yesterday. Well, I wogged. It was only 2 miles, but it felt good. More importantly, it felt FUN. Who knew running could be FUN when you stop looking at the minutes/mileage/incline.
7. It’s now 9:00pm and my brain is fizzled/fried/dunzo. I just asked David for a fun fact because I couldn’t stop on #6 and he informed me that the farmers almanac predicts a colder winter than normal for the east coast meaning more snow. Also, it’s a fact that a killer whale would take out a great white shark in a head to head match up. So, yeah, there’s that. Isn’t he full of fun tidbits?
Who is your college football team of choice?
Or could you not care less?