Things I Learned this Weekend

This weekend I learned… that frozen bananas aren’t only great for smoothies, but they are a MUST when you have a busy toddler. Hailey fell and busted her lower lip. She wouldn’t let ice near it, but happily sucked on a frozen banana, which stopped the bleeding quickly and helped with swelling.

what I learned- frozen bananas for toddlers busted lip

This weekend I learned… that I don’t always agree with public opinion. My thoughts on Gone Girl? It was a page turner and I flew through it, wanting to know what happened. However, overall I wasn’t all that impressed. It had some fun twists, but the dark nature of the story and the ending that was a disappointment weren’t quite my style.

what I learned- gone girl

This weekend I learned… that posting challenges doesn’t always guarantee I’ll stick with them. I forgot to do Yoga on Saturday, so my 15 days of yoga is now thrown off. I resumed on Sunday though and I’m taking good notes on my Yogavibes experience to share with you at the end of 15 day (free trial)!

what I learned- yogavibes

This weekend I learned… that hormonal birth control makes me gain weight. Since starting back (first month on pills and now on Nuvaring), I’ve gained about 3 pounds. Nothing life shattering, but it’s noticeable to me. I feel puffier. I’m sure it’s from the ring (which I like MUCH more than the pills) and not from these. Winking smile

what I learned- potato chips

This weekend I learned… that Harries Teeter has some great sales!

what I learned- blueberries

Even with stocking up on 6 packages of chicken…

what I learned- smart chicken deal

my bill for the week was only $130, which isn’t bad considering it’s Eat In Month over here!

what I learned- grocery cart eat in month

This weekend I learned… that I’m a simple look kind-of-gal. With champagne taste when it comes to bags. I want to retire my diaper bag and carry this beauty. Any chance Coach is having a 75% off sale anytime soon?

what I learned- simple coach

This weekend I learned… that a simple lentil vegetable soup can be satisfying and delicious… even for the man of the house.

Lentil Vegetable Soup

What did you learn this weekend?

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter7Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

1. Ali says

I learned that heading back to normal routine after time with family and friends for over 2 weeks, gives me anxiety.

Also – about 1 year ago I learned that the COACH store in the concord outlet mall allows me to buy a purse I love without breaking the bank too much. You need to check it out!!

I LOVE when our Kroger does the buy one get one free on chicken. We totally stock up! I learned that it is MUCH harder taking “update” photos of a 15 month old than it is when they can’t move. Like 10000000 times harder.

And genius with the banana. Putting on in my freezer for that purpose haha.
    Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted..Emmalyne: Month 15My Profile

3. Jodi says

I learned running errands all day and going for a long walk, doesn’t put you into labor, just gives you a backache! :)

This weekend I learned that not all Zumba classes are created equal. Oh well.

I also learned that ordering out for Mexican at home can be even more fun than going out! Yum!

Hope Hailey is all better!

Too bad you didn’t like Gone Girl, I could see how it is a love or hate read though, and I definitely know what you mean about the ending. I almost feel that when I post a challenge, I won’t do it. I have no idea why that is, I’m weird. I had to completely go off hormonal birth control because it made me puff up like crazy, it was quite insane, it also made me severely depressed. Never want to try that again!
    Lisa recently posted..Recipe Updates and HappeningsMy Profile

Yes, I hope to be done with hormonal bc forever sooner than later. Unfortunately it’s the best fit for me at this point, even if it isn’t the best fit for my jeans!

I think I’m in the minority and that most people loved the book. I did speed through it, so it wasn’t bad, but it just wasn’t my style. Let me know what you think!

I totally agree about Gone Girl…I was so excited to read it because so many people I know were obsessed with it and I’ll admit it was a super fast read for me, but it just sort of left me feeling all angry and depressed…not my favorite :)
    Katie @ Pop Culture Cuisine recently posted..Cheesy GoodnessMy Profile

Hormonal birth control does the same for me, but gotta have it :) Also, I like chips a lot too, so who knows?

I probably wouldn’t like Gone Girl as mysteries and dark stories really drag me down. I like light-hearted books since I read at night and would get scared otherwise. If you need any recommendations for Christian fiction, I’m all about that these days.
    Maria recently posted..Sunday ConfessionsMy Profile

Poor little Hailey! I am about to read Gone Girl, I’m glad you said something about the disappointing ending…I don’t know why but I always expect every book to have a perfect ending, I guess I’m just naïve. :) That Coach purse is too cute!! Do you have a Coach outlet anywhere near you? We just got one near us and it has huge discounts plus big sales every once in awhile! I would look into it. :)
    Angela recently posted..What I’m Loving Right NowMy Profile

Harris Teeter absolutely does have the best sales sometimes! We have a Super Target and Teeter across the street from each other, so I’ve finally learned what’s cheaper at each and love that HT weekly coupon email! :)

And I sure do love that Coach bag, too! Champagne taste on a beer budget, as we say around here!

10. Kris says

I know another commenter mentioned the Coach Factory Outlet at Concord Mills, but there is also a Coach Factory Outlet online. Although you may not find the exact bag (since most Coach Factory Outlet bags are made specifically for the Outlet), you may find one similar, and the prices are good.

I see the blueberries are the same price as here in South Africa. It’s just too expensive to my taste and for that same amount, I can buy 2 packets of apples or pears instead.
    Yes, soup can be very satisfying on it’s own. Have realised that too last night.
    blackhuff recently posted..Private, work and storiesMy Profile