“Celeb” Sighting and Meal Planning

Monday, you’re here again, but a bit more bearable with the recent time change! Luckily we messed up Hailey’s bedtime so much by keeping her out late on Halloween, that she’s been on the new schedule for days now!

fam

Our best attempt at a family shot- ha! And yes, Hailey changed from a Hailien to a tigger. Way warmer.

This weekend was full of friend time.  We helped Hailey’s best friend, celebrate her big 0-1!

Grace feeds mom cake

Smart girl ate the icing off the top. Homemade vanilla buttercream is the bomb.

I also made a trip down to Greenville SC to spend some time with my buddy, Crawford! He is so much fun!

Crawford and mom

I had fun with his mom, too. Winking smile Alexis and Jenny live in Atlanta, so meeting at Christen’s house in Greenville is a halfway point. It’s nice when we can meet up and spend time together.

college gals

We went out downtown, watched Georgia beat Ole Miss, watched Alabama squeak by LSU and watched college kids make out on the dance floor. Seriously? Ew. That is so gross.

We also spotted Bachelor contestant, Holly, out and about. I risked my embarrassment of being caught to snap a picture for you guys!

bachelor holly

OK, I didn’t get caught, but I’m still embarrassed. Pretty stealth, though, no? Yet another “celeb” from the show I’ve found out at night.

Sunday I was back home with my sweet fam and meal planning on my mind. I just feel like the dollar isn’t going as far at the grocery as it used to. Dang economy! I decided to focus in on doing a better job with meal planning and it worked. $91 for groceries for the week (assuming I don’t have to go back to the store!)

Sunday- Pot Roast
Monday- Vegetable, Beef and Barley soup
Tuesday- Buffalo chicken sandwiches and Roasted Broccoli
Wednesday- Greek Orzo Stuffed Peppers and Salad
Thursday- Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Friday- Homemade Pizza

I haven’t made pot roast in forever and forgot how amaaaaazing it makes the house smell!

Sunday pot roast

We made sure to fit in our family mile for #operationskinnydog and then I called it a night at 8:30 by falling asleep on the couch.

That, my friends, is a good weekend. I hope yours was, too!

What’s your favorite cheap meal?

Right now mine is vegetable soup, but I try to beef it up a bit for the hubby. Smile

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter2Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

Lovely meals you posted here. Thanks, going to steal some of your ideas ;)
    Lovely weekend you had for sure. Love that Tigger outfit of Hailey.
    Our favorite cheap meal is a veggie soup made out of carrots, potato, split peas and lentils for protein. I make a crockpot full and we eat 2 evenings from it per week. This way we save, save, save :)
    blackhuff recently posted..The big dayMy Profile

What a fun weekend! I so don’t think you are a creep by any means for snapping a picture. I mean who wouldn’t take the chance?? :)

Favorite quick meal: Grilled cheese with broccoli/ketchup on side.

3. Erica says

Our favorite cheap meal is Mujadara! It’s just lentils, rice, onions, and olive oil (ok, and some spices like cumin and cinammon). We make up a big batch of it on Sunday and it’s our lunch for the week!

Ok and I have to admit, I’m not sure what you and David are dressed as for Halloween …

Haha, we aren’t actually anything! I love stocking up on wigs at the post-Halloween sales, so we just threw on wigs to walk around the neighborhood.

And I’ve never heard of Mujadara, but sounds like a great lunch option for the week!

• Erica says

Ok that’s hilarious about the wigs. I was trying to figure out if you guys were a celebrity couple or something!

I love Mediterannean/Lebanese food and mujadara is my favorite. It’s like rice pilaf – It’s basically carmelized onions with cooked lentils and rice. You can also use bulgar wheat (or another grain). The key to good mujadara is a 2:1 ratio of lentils:rice (we usually cook 2 cups of lentils and 1 cup of rice). There are lots of involved recipes, but we just add cumin, cinnamon, and salt to taste, garnish with parsley.

4. Jessica says

Will you share the pot roast recipe and what cut of meat you used? I have been wanting to make one for the first time but I’m nervous.

It’s the easiest “recipe” in the world! You’ll need a pot roast (I used 1.5 lb), carrots, small red potatoes, an onion and a can of cream of mushroom soup.
      Brown the outside of the roast in a pan, then put it in a dutch oven. Bake at 300 for an hour. Add your veggies and bake at 300 for 3 more hours. Serve!
      The meat pulls apart and it’s soooo good. Perfect for a cold day. Let me know if you try it!

5. julia says

I feel like the food prices are the same for me in RI. The drought was supposedly causing an increase in certain goods but I haven’t actually noticed..and I’m cheap!

So cute! And it sounds like such a good weekend with friends. We had a weekend like that too and its always so nice to reconnect with quality time that way.

PS I’m coming to spend the week at your house. All those meals sound so good. Especially the orzo one.