How Pinteresting!

Ever have those moments when you ask yourself, why didn’t I think of that? I have those moments quite often while playing on pinterest. Here are some of my favorite “Duh” moments lately…

Those blenders I hate to clean after making banana milk? How have I never tried this?

clean blnder

Mini pumpkins as place settings AND a take-home favor? Adorable!

thanksgiving place setting

Why yes, cinnamon rolls instead of basic crust DOES sound amazing.

cinnamon roll pie crust

You would think I preferred digging through our crazy medicine cabinet because why else have I not done this yet?

organized medicine drawers

A large oil drip pan from Walmart is magnetic? Hello, Christmas shopping!

oil drip pan as magnet board

You could write names on these or use them for a wine tasting by writing #1, #2, etc on the chalkboards. So cute!

chalkboard wine glass

Reusable wrapping for presents? Yes, please! I’m terrible at wrapping, it’s adorable and eco-friendly? What’s not to love about lilywrap!?

lilywrap reusable

Adding cinnamon to your sandbox will repel bugs. Plus, you can pretend you’re playing in a giant box of cinnamon sugar! Don’t tell me you’ve never dreamed of that…

cinnamon in sandbox

And finally, a magazine rack attached to the inside of a cabinet makes a perfect place to store your hair dryer, curling iron, etc.

magazine rack inside cabinet

Have you had any “why didn’t I think of that” moments lately?

Happy weekend!

Share on Facebook2Tweet about this on Twitter1Pin on Pinterest1,423Google+0

Comments

I HATE washing our blender, so really, why did I never think to do that!?! And the magazie rack idea is a pretty good one too.

We recently turned a long, semi-thin (?) Ikea bookshelf into a shoe rack. I was pretty proud since those creative moments are pretty rare around here!

Pinterest has changed my life – seriously. I just got onto it a few months ago and every time I come across idea like these it blows my mind all over my face.

I saw the blender one the other day so I tried it after making a milkshake. Unfortunately it doesn’t work well if you put hazelnut butter in the blender. It’s too sticky. I still had to scrub. But I bet it will work great for cleaning up after making banana milk!

Despite my response tweet the other day, that is actually how I clean my blender. The only problem is that you have to do it right away, especially with green smoothies, which I never remember to do (that or I am just too anxious to enjoy the drink, so wait). I will do that as an initial cleaning, but always feel like a good scrub is necessary. I might just be too OCD-clean freak about it.

5. Sarah says

As many great ideas as there are on Pinterest, I see an equal number of terrible ones haha. I thought airborne sand particles were a carcinogen? And who wants to inhale cinnamon in addition? Maybe skip that one ;)

I’m still waiting for someone to invent a cooling blanket – another version of the traditional electric blanket only cooler. It would be awesome in summer:P