Hailey at 9 months old

Wow, what a month it has been! Hailey hit some major milestones this month and it’s been so much fun watching her discover the world. Well, I guess she’d mostly been discovering the house, but still…

9 months old- with mom

So what’s new? Well, two bottom teeth poked through! She was fussy for about 2 days until they finally worked their way through. Her sleep wasn’t disturbed, but she was much more irritable. They are tough to see in this picture, but they are about half way out.

9 months old- teeth

The teeth have helped with eating and now she is eating a solid 3 meals a day, plus 4 nursing sessions. Soon I’ll be adding in a snack. She is currently loving all the fresh summer fruit- peaches, cherries, watermelon, etc.

9 months old- snacks at pool

All month long she was frustrated and wanting to move. She repetitively would go from sitting to all fours, but then push herself back. She’s a cautious girl. She kept trying though, and finally did it! Crawling! I call her Mogley from the Jungle Book because she crawls on one knee and one foot, like a monkey child. It’s pretty cute. She’ll throw toys far away, as if to challenge herself to go get them.

IMG_6182

Crawling really set things off because now she’s moving, pushing herself up to seated position and beginning to pull up on things.

9 months old- pulling up

What are we getting ourselves into? Koda asks this frequently.

9 months old- playing with dog

Now that she can sit up from laying down, she often sits up in the crib and gets stuck. She’ll cry and cry until I come in and put her back on her back.  I hope she outgrows this soon!

9 months old- stuck sitting up

She claps and giggles. She rolls the ball and whistles. She gives lots of kisses, still opened mouth on the cheek. She loves to explore the outdoors.

IMG_6262

She babbles incessantly and I love it. She says dadadada and babababa and I finally heard Mama! I nearly cried. Often times it sounds like she is holding full conversations in her own language. Sometimes she will repeat phrases back to me, but in her babble language. I think she may be shy though, because she stays quite unless she is comfortable with who is around.

9 months old- barrel

She enjoys being outside, going on walks, swinging and visiting he pool.

9 months old- swing

9 months old- in the pool

9 months old- pool

She is still sleeping well. 7pm-7am, then naps from 9am-11am and 2pm-3pm or 3:30pm.

9 months old- sleeping

She’s just so happy. And funny. She makes me laugh everyday.

9 months old- funny face

She’s now in size 3 diapers, wearing 9-12 month clothing. Ate her 9 month doc appointment (no shots- yay!) she clocked in at

Weight: 17 lbs 10.5 ounces (25th percentile)

Length/Height: 28.5 inches (75th-90th percentile)

Head Circumference: 17 3/8 inches (50th percentile)

9 months old- pretty girl

The doc said it’s typical for a baby’s weight percentile to dip when they get mobile, so I’m adding it more calorie dense foods to her intake- a little more olive oil and avocado Smile

IMG_6172

And that’s our life. Enjoying every day as a family of three and fur baby. <3

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter2Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

What a peach!!!

(oh and that standing-in-the-crib phase was the WORST. It took my gal about a week to figure it out, but there was a lot of crying to get there! Good luck.)

That’s great that her teeth didn’t disrupt her sleep too much, I’ve heard horror stories! I love her crawling technique.

Lyric still doesn’t have any teeth, I’ve given up on it. She learned how to clap and how to sit up in her crib all on Sunday. The first time she sat up she just started clapping. Hilarious.

Precious! Love all of her little outfits! Congratulations (I think?) on the crawling…I am trying to soak up the immobility while I can cause I think it’s coming soon! :)

She is so cute! I love that she crawls like Mogley. Too funny!

Wyatt’s weight percentile dropped between 4 and 6 months. I’m so surprised this happened to Hailey since she is such a good eater! I’m scared to see what percentile W is in at his 9 month checkup if his eating doesn’t improve.

I was surprised her weight dropped, too, so now I feel like I need to fit in a snack, but she’s already eating allllll day long between meals and nursing. Feeding that child is a full time job in itself!

Happy 9 months!!! :) That must be the difference between boys and girls. CJ wouldn’t get stuck he would just head-dive back down in his crib. Now he stands up and falls on his bum 65 times a day when walking and doesn’t seem phased by it one bit. haha

6. Michelle says

i loved this post! Our girls are only a few days apart. Have you started planning her first b-day party yet? I have been a little obsessed lately lol. I just thought maybe we could bounce ideas back and forth. I can’t make up my mind about anything, but I have found a lot of cute ideas :-) Let me know what you have come up with so far.

I haven’t started planning it yet, though I feel like I should at least be thinking about it! Did you pick a theme? Send any ideas my way, please :)

Thanks for the monthly updates. It’s so fun to watch her grow- I can’t believe she is 9 months already!!

She is such a sweetie pie! I remember when I nannied, the standing in the crib thing isn’t very fun to do with haha. I can just imagine it all the time though

Hi Brittany. I’m last to the party….happy 9 month celebration to your gorgeous little Hailey!!! I wish they made adult sized “floaty thingies” like she’s in at the pool. :) Koda looks like a wonderful fur brother!!! Have a great weekend.

10. Heather says

She is precious. I love how Koda just lays there and lets her pull on her. I can’t believe it has been 9 months already!

11. karthika says

I really enjoyed going through your blog.you lil one is so adorable my daughter is 8 months she started walking holding things.she to weighs 15lbs now.can you suggest me with some high calories food.she is still on puree.i am waiting for her to get teeth to do BLW. Thanks in advance.