Road Trip & Pescatarian Meal Planning

Wow- what a whirlwind! Hailey and I have been on adventure around the south since Tuesday. Where exactly? Well, it started Lake Oconee visiting Nana and Papa John.

Hailey Nana and Papa John

She was in luck because her Great Grandma Betty was in town from Green Bay.

Grandma Betty and Hailey

I guess news of Hailey’s visit traveled fast because her Great Aunt Lynn and Great Nannie came over to spend time with her, too. She’s quite the loved little lady.

Hailey Nannie Nana and Aunt Lynn

From there, we had a switch of plans and ended up heading to my old stomping grounds of Marietta (in the ‘burbs of Atlanta, for those not familiar). I got to catch up and talk weddings with my bff, Kristin, and squeezed in a quick shopping trip, too. (loving Anthropologie and J Crew BTW…)

Kristin and Hailey

The tough part about being in Atlanta is that there are so many people I wish I had time to visit, but it was just a quick trip before we were on the road again to Greenville, SC where we got to spend time with my bff, Christen and her sweet boy, Crawford.

christen crawford hailey and me

Trips like this sure make me wish I lived close to friends and family, but I consider myself blessed that they’re within driving distance.

Sunday we were finally home and settling in and I was pumped about making a grocery list. I’m serious. I get excited about meal planning. This new pescatarian challenge is allowing me to get creative with dinners! On this week’s menu?

Sunday- Homemade black bean burgers & Sweet Potato Fries
Monday- Meatless Mexican Burrito Bowls
Tuesday- Chana Masala & Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday- Grilled Salmon & roasted vegetables
Thursday-  Sweet Potato Chili
Friday- Vegetable Pasta and Salad

I had Hailey in the bjorn at Healthy Home Market and at some point she started giggling relentlessly. I was quite confused until I realized she found a mirror. Baby girl just loves herself!

Healthy Home Market Davidson

We left with our stash…

grocery shopping from Healthy Home Market Davidson

And after a quick stop at the fish market and other grocery for bagels and jalapenos, we headed home. Weekly grocery total was around $95. Not bad for 6 dinners, breakfasts and lunches.

And last night’s homemade black bean burgers? Success!

black bean burger- hers

Whew- quite the long post this morning!

Do you have any meat free meals planned for the week?

Please share! I’m always looking for new ideas Smile

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter1Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

Marietta must be such a lovely place to grow up/live. One of my best friends lives in Atlanta and she showed me some of the suburbs when I went to visit a couple years ago. I absolutely loved Marietta Square!! :)

It’s so nice catching up with old friends & family. Your daughter is so cute! The black bean burger looks delicious. I’ve been pescatarian for almost 3yrs. Look forward to seeing how you enjoy the next 38 days :-)

I’m a lacto-ovo-pescetarian myself, and I have a great chili recipe to share! This makes one hearty serving for 1, or 2 medium servings.
    You’ll need: 1 cup Boca burger crumbles, 1 8.5 oz. can whole kernel corn, 1-2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 10.75 oz. can tomato soup, 1/3 C diced onion.
    I mix everything together, and then cook on Warm in the Crock Pot for 3-3.5 hours while I’m in class, though it can be made on the stove in about 30 minutes. I sometimes top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of shredded Cheddar, but it’s great alone, too!

What a fun week/weekend! Glad you got some girl time in! And you make me miss Atl… I am just a short (5-hr plane) ride away from my best friends and family (I’m in Ca). Seriously LOVE my girl-time when I visit.

Your meal plan looks amazing! Might have to copy some of it this week!. I love Mama Pea’s cheese-stuffed bean burgers- yum! I even freeze them for a quick heat-n-eat meal.

This week we are building meals around pintos. I cooked a pound of dried pintos in the crockpot overnight to be used for the following meals: pasta fagiolli, nachos, and bean tacos. I guess starts Italian and turns Mexican – and we’re going out for sushi on Sunday!

6. Adria says

Hi!
    I would be interested in trying out your black bean burger. Can you please share the recipe?
    Thank you for the daily posts!

7. Maria says

Mama Pea’s Tamale Pie is incredible! It’s the first thing I made from her and was incredibly impressed. Who knew I could get my meat loving husband to eat and like tempeh? Heck – who know I would even like tempeh myself :)

looks like such a great weekend! the mirror picture is too cute! your menu for the week looks great. what recipe did you use for the black bean burgers?

9. Belinda says

It’s always exciting to try a different way of eating! Good on you, Brittany :) We had vegetarian fried rice last night and I have more meatless meals planned this week like vietnamese rice paper rolls, pesto pasta with spinach, olives and cherry tomatoes, and homemade veggie pizzas. I actually use your wholemeal pizza recipe! I make it all the time and we love it! :)

10. Meghan says

Hi Brittany! I love reading your blog- you are introducing me to so many different foods. I just tried quinoa fit the first time. What is your recipe for sweet potato chili?
    Hailey is so cute and is always smiling in her pictures!

What did you think of quinoa?! :) Sorry I’m behind on this, but I plan on posting the sweet potato chili recipe on Monday. I got it from my mom and it looks delicious! Have a great weekend!