Christmas is next week, which means we are only one week away from the blog world exploding with posts about New Year’s resolutions. Some people love them, some people hate them. I tend to think they are pretty fun. I like to have a list of goals to reach for in a new year and I enjoy hearing what others hope to accomplish.
Before talking about what I’ll be reaching for in 2013, I’d like to review how I did this year. I pulled up my New Year’s resolution post from last December and couldn’t help but awwww over how tiny 3 month old Hailey was.
Let’s see how I did…
- Run a 10k – I did it! I ran the Davidson Run for the Green 10k and finished better than I expected.
- Get back into yoga (3 times a month minimum) – I was really into yoga for a while, meaning 1x a week. I love it; I really do. I even asked all my yoga questions and had them answered by Jen. I hate that I fell off the bandwagon. The trouble is that there isn’t a studio near me, especially one that offers day care. So what is a mom wannabe yogi to do? A video? Online? Still thinking this one over.
- Read 10 books (at least 1 nonfiction) – 10 books. Less than 1 a month. So doable, right? WRONG. I read Catching Fire, Mockingjay, Baby Led Weaning, The Fountainhead, Steve Jobs biography and about 1/4th of Atlas Shrugged. Definitely want to do better n this category.
- Learn a new cooking technique – Check! I used a dehydrator and a pressure cooker for the both time.
- Use 5 ingredients in the kitchen that I’ve never used before – I actually kept a list on my phone so I could keep track. New foods tried in 2012- bok choy, tempeh, figs, golden beets and miracle noodles!
- Reach out to and get together with a local friend at least once a month – Done and done and done. We get together with friends multiple times a week. Blew this one OUT of the water.
- Take swim lessons with Hailey – I’m sad that I failed with this one, though we did frequent the pool during the summer. This year I’ll definitely making good on it.
- Go on a date night with Hubbs at least once a month – Hm, I’m not quite sure we hit the once a month mark, though I don’t feel we’ve been deprived of date nights. We tend to save getting a sitter for really fun events rather than just grabbing dinner.
- Continue to work on being in the moment – I feel good about this one, though it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get everything done in a day that I need to get done now that Hailey is a toddler. We might make a few adjustments in the upcoming year so I can get things done and stay focused just on Hailey when it’s time to play.
Have you reviewed your 2012 goals?
What was your biggest accomplishment?