What {we} Ate Wednesday: 3rd Trimester Edition

I thought sleeplessness was supposed to come after baby? Not necessarily the case. I’ve been waking up between 4:30am-5:30am the last couple days and can’t go back to sleep.  I also have a sudden urge to completely gut and rearrange my whole pantry, but that’s for another post. Pregnancy is strange.

I mention the oddities of the third trimester because they played into yesterday’s eats…

Breakfast

The day started off with breakfast around 5:30am.  It was gorgeous out.  Slightly cool and damp.  I enjoyed breakfast outside.

Egg and apple breakfast

1 egg (cooked thoroughly, no ‘dippy’ eggs for a few more months) on 1/2 a whole wheat hamburger bun (because that’s what I had) with less fat chive cream cheese.  1/2 of a granny smith and a cup of decaf with 1 Tbsp Breve Cream.

Calories 245

Carbs 28

Fat 10

Protein 10

Sodium 235

Mid-Morning Snack

An early breakfast meant snack time came early, too.  Before heading to yoga I grabbed the other half on the granny smith and a slice of 2% swiss.

apple and swiss I also got in a few raw almonds, my JP gummies and my prenatal vitamin.  Koda thought it was a treat for her. Silly pup!

vizsla nose

Calories 187.64

Carbs 20.44

Fat 8.16

Protein 7.56

Sodium 50.06

Lunch

After yoga, I was out and about for a while, so I grabbed lunch at Earth Fare.

Earth Fare Salad Bar Plate I loaded up on brussel sprouts and roasted garlic, wheat berry salad, sweet potatoes, a summer salad of squash, zucchini and green beans, Carolina slaw and a faux chicken salad, made with soy, not chicken.

Delish!

My best guesstimates loaded into 411fit gave me these nutritional stats:

Calories 494.61

Carbs 48.81

Fat 15.96

Protein 22.53

Sodium 274.15

Afternoon Snack

Perhaps in was being over-tired, under-hydrated or just pregnant, but mid afternoon I began not feeling so well.  I drank a lot of water, rested a bit and felt snacky, so I indulged in some PB & J…

JIF Natural peanut butter and jam

And a mini bag of kettle korn.

mini kettle corn

Calories 292.5

Carbs 42.25

Fat 14

Protein 8.25

Sodium 276.25

“Dinner”

My queasy stomach won out.  Even after a long shower, I felt drained…

IMG_9536

I had plans for a really yummy dinner, which I decided to postpone a night.  Instead, sweet Hubbs picked me up some ginger ale.

ginger ale I sipped on a glass while I made my extravagant dinner of noodles and marinara.  I know, I know… marinara on an upset stomach? But it sounded good so I went with it.

rotini and marinara

Calories 411

Carbs 41.9

Fat 3.7

Protein 11.5

Sodium 114.2

Un-pictured

The familiar 1st trimester carb-cravings returned last night, and I ate 3 pieces of pizza crust (so basically breadsticks) from Hubb’s frozen pizza dinner.  I didn’t snap a picture because we were mid-movie and to try and get up off the couch makes me feel like a turtle flipped on it’s back.

*************************************************************

Daily Totals

Calories 1630.75

Carbs 181.4

Fat 51.82

Protein 59.84

Sodium 949.66

+ 3 pizza crusts :)

What’s your favorite brand of frozen pizza?

We usually get Amy’s, but Hubbs had DiGiorno’s last night, and I won’t lie… they make some delicious crust!

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

Aww I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well! I hope the nausea subsides soon.

My fave frozen pizza is California Pizza Kitchen brand mmmm.

Aww I hope that sick feeling goes away! i have to say though the sad picture is still cute :) If you ever have a chance you should check out this stuff called Fever-tree premium all natural ginger ale. It is SOOO good, just tried it last night :)

3. Jenny says

A www Brittany, I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well. Hope you’re better today! Totally feel you on the waking up super early or in my case more like middle od the night and not being able to fall back asleep. That is no fun at all! Happy third trimester, not too much longer for you!

Not much longer for YOU! :) How will you possibly stay busy all day today? I’ll be thinking of you and how wonderful you’ll do and how excited you and Dan must be to meet Baby Garrett TONIGHT!

4. Kelly says

Oh your turtle comment make me spit my water out :) Love your posts! I am not pizzing about frozen pizza, we normally like the Giant Eagle brand (grocery strore in the Mid-West) or CPK when we want to splurge :)

I’ve heard that the difficulty sleeping during pregnancy is preparation for waking up with your newborn. I would rather have gotten lots of sleep. Pregnancy is indeed interesting. I hope you feel better today and can get some good sleep!

I have no idea what my favorite frozen pizza is. I like almost any pizza.

MMmmmm…I love WIAW so much. Whenever we order pizza I make everyone give me their crusts…especially if they are the soft doughy kind. Yum!
    As for frozen pizza, my favorite is Frescetta (sp?) their crust is soooooo good!

Sorry you weren’t feeling so hot, but doesn’t ginger ale always make things better? Sometimes I secretly wish I’d get a little cold so I have an excuse to sip it – all time favorite soda that I will never give up!

My favorite frozen pizza is definitely Amy’s margharita, but it’s so pricey that I usually refrain from buying it.

I slept so much more AFTER the baby was born than I did during the last trimester. Especially at the end when I was having random contractions for 3 weeks before I gave birth, whew that was exhausting!

I hope you’re feeling better today!

I hope you’re feeling better little mama. :) I love seeing what people are craving during pregnancy. If there was a zoo full of pregnant ladies, I would totally buy a ticket and go. I’m that intrigued! Just out of curiosity – I’m sure you posted this and I missed it – are you tracking calories/protein and the like because you want to make sure you’re getting enough or to paint a picture of healthy pregnant eating? I’m sorry, I’m nosy.

In the beginning it was to make sure I was getting enough protein, something I was struggling with when all I wanted was bagels.
      Now I just track it out of habit. Sometimes it’s frustrating because it opens me up to criticism (You aren’t eating enough!), but I don’t let it bother me because I’m right on track in all aspects and never deprive myself.
      I hope I’m painting a picture of how you can continue to eat healthy during pregnancy, but sometimes I don’t think my love for pizza fully encompasses that idea ;)

When I was pregnant with my son I’d wake up at 5:30AM almost every day beginning in about week 28. I would be STARVING! Eating a small bowl of cereal or yogurt with fruit before bed helped some, but didn’t eliminate this. Best of luck to you, the hubs and Baby D!