Analyze This… Grocery Cart

Did everyone get out and enjoy this gorgeous weekend? Was your weekend gorgeous? Mine was! And that was lucky for Hubbs, because he had to jump in a lake… along with a bunch of other people!

IMG_2668 IMG_2662

IMG_2650

FYI.... this (above) is NOT hubbs.

IMG_2671

At least he was freezin’ for a reason in Lake Hickory- to support Special Olympics.  I was there for support, too, but opted to stay dry :) Brr!

I also squeezed in a little grocery shopping Sunday afternoon… let’s take a looksie:

Photo Feb 21, 8 06 24 AM

and, for fun, let’s compare with my other last couple shopping trips:

Photo Feb 21, 8 06 44 AM Photo Feb 21, 8 07 03 AM

It was fun to analyze and see that I definitely have some staples:

• organic apples
  • DHA free range eggs
  • Stonyfield Farm yogurt
  • Chobani Greek yogurt
  • organic celery
  • organic green and red peppers
  • organic 1% or 2% milk
  • tomatoes (sometimes organic)
  • organic greens (romaine, spinach, mixed greens, etc)

I haven’t been big on eating much meat lately, which is why I think I always make sure to grab some Greek yogurt, eggs and other dairy- protein!

And yesterday’s addition of goat cheese and walnuts helped make this salad as part of last night’s dinner:

IMG_2677

Nom. Mixed greens with spinach, blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, goat cheese and celery… drizzled with some of my new Annie’s Balsamic Dressing.

Hello, summer ;)

What are some staples that you pick up each week?

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

We definitely have some staple items as well. Chobani yogurt, spinach, brown rice, some kind of cereal bar for the boyfriend, and cucumbers (I’m obsessed? apparently?) are always in our cart.

That salad looks amazinggg. Feta is fantastic.

Yogurt (Greek and plain), carrots, bell peppers, zucchini and summer squash, hummus, cottage cheese, and apples. Then I choose other fruits and veggies based on sales and season (right now I buy squash all the time).

Usually I have a surplus of nuts and cereal so I don’t have to ALWAYS buy them (although I tend to anyway if there is a sale).

That salad looks amazing!!
    The staples I get weekly are: purified bottled water, Gnu Bars, Silk Almond Milk (unsweetened), frozen strawberries and blueberries, kale, organic salad and spinach in the bags, red bell peppers, celery, broccoli, sweet potatoes, onions, Fage Greek Yogurt (plain 0%), fresh fruit. Try to keep black beans, walnuts and almonds in the house at all time for protein…Like you, I’m trying to go meatless a few times a week.

The beautiful weather was in my neck of the woods as well. My staples are bananas, apples, mixed greens, asparagus lately, greek yogurt, hummus, milk, eggs, cheeses of all sorts, and the list could go on. I usually only do big shopping every two weeks and will stop here and there throughout the two weeks if I need anything extra. The last few days before shopping I am always scrounging trying to find some form of fruit and veggies to incorporate into my meals since I run out.

I did one of those polar plunges once, it was really hard to jump in the water but at least it didn’t last too long!

I always get eggs and Greek yogurt too, along with some kind of leafy greens and apples. I get bacon almost every week too :)

Greens stuff for salad, Chobani, carrots, almond milk, eggs + egg whites, Ezekiel bread, bananas, and apples. I used to live on Lake Hickory when I was a teacher. That lake is cold this time of year!

Congratulations to your husband and all the other brave souls who jumped in the lake for charity!!! Your salad looks so good! My staples? Almond milk, bananas, eggs, greek yogurt (a new favorite) and lemons. (I drink lots of water with lemon) Have a great week.

It WAS a gorgeous weekend :) Yeah, I pretty much always buy milk (cow and/or almond), spinach, tomato, bananas, some kind of yogurt (I mix it up), some kind of fruit, a bunch of canned beans… those are the big staples for me.